Friends of Friends of Niger
Like Friends of Niger, The following organizations all share the common goal of helping the people of Niger in one way or another.
Friends of Niger encourages all to visit one or more of these websites to learn more about Niger and see what Private Voluntary (non-governmental) Organizations are doing in Niger. These links also offer alternatives for you to donate much-needed funds toward aid agencies working directly in Niger.
Please Donate What You Can
- The NOMAD Foundation – helping nomads in Niger support themselves using expertise that has sustained them for centuries.
- Amman Imman: Water is Life – a group devoted to bringing water and hope to those who have none. By building borehole wells, they provide water to individuals who are literally dying of thirst in Niger’s Azawak Valley.
- Action Against Hunger – programs in Maradi, Dakoro, and Tahoua
- Africare – 35-year involvement in programs throughout Niger
- CARE – development and emergency relief programs in six of Niger’s eight regions
- Catholic Relief Services – programs in Dogon Doutchi, Ouallam, Tanout, and Tillabéri
- Islamic Relief operates a wide variety of projects, including education and training, water and sanitation, income generation, orphan support, health and nutrition, and emergency relief. Permanent projects are established in Niger.
- Concern Worldwide – programs in and around Tahoua
- Lutheran World Relief – programs in Maradi, Tahoua, and Tillabéri
- Médecins Sans Frontières – programs in Aguié, Dakoro, Keita, Maradi, Tahoua, and Zinder
- Mercy Corps – continuing emphasis on the hunger crisis
- Oxfam – assisting nomadic people in Maradi, Tahoua, and Tillabéri
- Plan International – programs in Tillabéri
- Rain for the Sahel and Sahara – projects to support nomads in northern Niger
- Remember Niger Coalition – unifying people and mobilizing resources in order to expand quality educational opportunities in Niger
- Serving in Mission – programs include general education, supporting the Galmi hospital, and others
- SIM Hospital in Galmi – hospital between Birni N’Konni and Madaoua supported by Serving in Mission
- United Nations World Food Programme – coordinating all bulk food distributions in southern Niger
- World Vision – programs in and around Zinder